For the next couple months I will be posting about my travel history. I have so many photos from my travels and I thought this would be a good way to share the cities I have been to and my favorite places to eat, stay at, and visit. Our first stop is Waterford, Ireland. In 2013, I traveled to Waterford for a study abroad program. I studied art, art history and lived there for 5 months. It was one of the best times of my life and I am so happy I did this, especially because I met the love of my life in Waterford. If I had one piece of advice, it would be to travel and study in another country! You learn a lot about yourself, different cultures, and you meet so many people. It also allows you to travel to many countries because it is cheap and close.
Waterford definitely feels like a second home for me and Felipe. Since my studies there, I had returned once to visit him during his internship. I have made a list of my favorite places to eat, buy chocolate, shop, and go out at night.
Cafes and Chocolates
- The Book Centre – they have the most amazing hot chocolate out of all the countries I have been to. I have tried a lot of hot chocolates, but this is still number one.
- Lily O’Brian’s – here they have delicious chocolates! They also have a cafe with lots of baked goods.
Places to Eat
- Brennan’s (they have the best fries ever! It’s the perfect hangover cure)
- The Gingerman – if you want some true Irish food and an Irish coffee, this is the place
Where to Buy Food to Cook
- Tesco – good prices
- Superquinn – here was my favorite because they had everything organized and the vegetables and fruits were always fresh. Little more expensive here though.
- Fitzwalton- I stayed here for my first night in Waterford, and it was amazing! Well priced, beautiful room and view, and close to the train station.
Bars and Pubs
- Geoffs – perfect pub to go to if you want the Irish feel
- Kazbar- this place is great! They have three floors and the top and bottom floor play different music, and each floor has a bar.
- Bridge Bar
Things to See
- House of Waterford Crystal
- Waterford Museum of Treasures
- The People’s Park
- Tramore – A city close to Waterford that is cute and tiny. It is right by the ocean and it is near the Guillemane Cove, which is a definite must see.