Today was a lazy Sunday with lots of rain, which was perfect for making cookies and painting. I have had so many people tell me how much they love the chocolate chip cookies I make and everyone asks for the recipe. So, for all my friends who have asked… Here it is! Beijos xo
2 cups flour (use a wheat free flour to make gluten free, or rice flour with xanthyum gum )
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
200 grams unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar (I use organic)
2/3 cups white granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups of hersheys milk chocolate (I break the bar into little pieces, you can also just use chocolate chips)
How to make:
1. Make sure your butter is room temperature. Combine your butter and sugar until there is no sugar grains. You want it smooth and fluffy.
2. Add the egg and vanilla to your butter mixture and cream until all blended.
3. In a separate bowl sift your flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, in small increments.
5. Mix in the chocolate
6. Let the cookie dough sit in the fridge for 30 min.
7. While your dough is chilling, preheat the oven to 375℃ or if your oven is like mine (gas fire) put to 180℃
8. Scoop dough out and make 1 inch balls to lay on your cookie sheet. Bake for 6-8 min. (I continuously have to check because my fire oven is very unpredictable, so sometimes cooked faster)
That’s it! Very easy and takes only 1 hour! Let me know how they are!